Welcome to the Minot Housing Authority
Our mission is to provide quality, affordable housing opportunities and promote maximum independence in our community’s lower income families, elderly and persons with disabilities.
In order to achieve this mission, we will:
• Pursue the development and retention of quality affordable housing.
• Provide tools to enable our residents to achieve economic independence.
• Develop partnerships with other government entities, private sector agencies, non-profit corporation and social service organizations in order to maximize limited resources.
ORGANIZATION'S STRATEGIC PLAN
Minot Housing Authority will conduct ongoing analysis to determine the scope of need for additional low income housing opportunities in Ward County and North Central Region, North Dakota. If such needs exist we will endeavor to develop additional housing opportunities by:
• Administering the Housing Choice Voucher Program to its fullest potential, maximizing the number of people served.
• Filling void not served by private enterprise.
• Building or acquiring units to meet the housing needs of low income persons in our community.
Minot Housing Authority will administer housing programs to provide housing opportunities for those who, through no lack of effort (such as the elderly and persons with disabilities), cannot afford safe housing themselves. Administration will include:
• Identifying the underserved segments of the population.
• Operating and maintaining the existing public housing stock.
• Administering the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program.
• Administering the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
• Managing Housing Units owned or managed by MHA.
MHA will work as a partner and resources with other community groups to develop and meet common goals by:
• Building a rapport with other civic agencies.
• Taking a leadership role in coordinating efforts.
• Identifying voids in the availability of facilities or programs in our community and acting as a developer of facilities and services to meet clients needs. These programs may include daycare facilities, job training, homeless programs, emergency shelter, or temporary housing.
• Providing resources to the community regarding housing issues.
• Linking clients to public and private resources.
• Active involvement and understanding of national issues by commissioners.
• Commissioner’s development of relationships with the city of Minot and other government officials.